Saturday, May 19, 2012

Film Festival email exchange 2001

I graduated with a BA in Film.  I have a handful of short films that I'm proud of.  When I moved to NYC after graduation, I tried my hand at submitting a few of them into film festivals.  I got into a few.  Here's the email correspondence from the15th Annual Student Film and Video Festival in 2001.  It's pretty funny. 

April 20, 2001
Congratulations, your film has been selected for competition.  We will let you know if the film is a winner.  If you have a different format that you would like the piece to be screened on please forward it to us as soon as possible.  Good luck!
-Shane

April 29, 2001
Hey Shane,
Just wondering when's the festival?  Thanks for selecting my film!
-JGoon

April 30, 2001
The festival just ended.
-shane

April 30,2001
Where the hell was this film festival???  What the hell was it called???  Who the hell are you??
-JGoon

April 30,2001
HEY JASON, THE INFO WAS ALL ON THE ENTRY FORM.  IT IS ALSO AT FILMFESTIVALS.COM.  YOUR NOT VERY PROFESSIONAL FOR SOME ONE TRYING TO GET AHEAD IN THE FESTIVAL AND FILM WORLD.  AND SINCE OUR FRSTIVAL JUST FINISHED LAST EVENING, WE HAVE TAKE A FEW DAYS TO GO OVER THINGS.
-SHANE
PS. YOUR FILM SUCKED.  KOW ONE LIKED IT.  YOUR LUCKY TO HAVE BEEN SCREENED.  YOU ONE NOTHING BUT OUR CONTEMPT.  NOW PUT IT ON YOU RESUME AND SHUT UP.  ASSHOLE.

May 1, 2001
To Cowboy Shane who enjoys capital case,
every time i wipe my ass, i hate you...your mouth is a horrible hole, similar to my brown eye...i picture you a little man...silver spoon in mouth, but secretly you wish it was ricky schroeder...it is not my fault you have genital warts...
it is your father's...
sincerely,
JGoon

(end of correspondence)





No comments:

Post a Comment