Friday, September 21, 2012

Break-Up Letter To The Sun

Dear Sun,

   I've given this a lot of thought and I want to break up.  To be honest, I denounce you.  I really don't want to see you again.  You can have the beach or wherever else you like to hang out.  I'll keep away.  I just don't feel like we have anything in common anymore.  In the last ten years I have really gotten to know you and I feel we've grown apart.  All you seem to care about is yourself.  You always have to be the center of attention and I'm sick of it.
   What it comes down to is that the physical attraction just isn't there.  In fact, when I feel your touch I am revolted.  I cringe and curse you under my breath...sometimes out loud.  I plan the happy moments of my day according to when you are not around.  This isn't the way to live happily ever after.
   I know it's common in these situations to say "It's not you...it's me", but it is YOU.  It is always YOU.  YOU is everywhere.  There can be a thousand clouds in the sky, but somehow YOU always find me.  I want it to stop.  I want you out of my life.  I realize that it's impossible, being as you're at the heart of our solar system, but all I'm asking is for your presence to be as diluted as possible.  There are plenty of gracious people that you should be spending your time with.  You're not going to have a hard time finding someone else who appreciates you. 
 

Please don't try and contact me.  It's over...

The romance has left and now so must I...

-JGoon

No comments:

Post a Comment